The Jessup’s Falls festival is presented by EscarpAction Jessup’s Falls whose mission is the protection and conservation of the natural heritage of the Jessup’s Falls escarpment for the benefit of present and future generations. Local businesses, artists and authors who share our love of the environment and conservation will be participating with booths and activities.
Conservation organizations will be on site sharing information on their conservation efforts and what might be impacting our environment now!
- South Nation Conservation, our hosts and keepers of our region’s watersheds
- Ottawa Riverkeeper, working to protect the Ottawa river, directly affected by our South Nation river
- Boisés Est will be giving two guided tours at 11am and 2:30pm.
- Heathly kids is a program helping children become more active and develop healthy eating habits.
We have many great authors from this region. Come hear more about their stories in the author’s tents. Author’s in attendance: Christine Delorme, Lilianne L. Gratton et Colette St-Denis.
Learn about the history of our region with special guest Michel Prévost. Sponsored by South Nation conservation, this well known historian from our region, will tell us about the forgotten villages of the Jessup’s Falls region at 1pm in our history tent.
We will have demonstrations and displays by local artists and artisans throughout the day:
- Mocassin PeladeM, will display mocassin making.
- Nathalin Kin will describe her basket weaving techniques.
- François Gour will demonstrate his wood carving technique.
- Barnyard Studio will display their professional photographs.
- An artist tent gallery will have displays of artwork from local artists: Jeanne Doucet, Helene Martin, Madeleine Rathwell, Suzanne Bohay, Carol Penny, Leeça St-Aubin, Line Labrecque
There will activities for the kids …that is, kids of all ages!
- Professional face painters ‘Faces to Paint‘,
- activities like the fishing game, throwing games and a chance for kids to express themselves with paint!
- Or come by the artist’s tent and try a bit of Plein-air painting!
There are many talented people in our region. Check out the following local businesses at the festival:
- Propapit with their 100% recycled, hand designed, fully fireproofed custom fire pits on display at the park. Put in your order at the festival!
- Physio Plantagenet, helping people in our community move better longer.
- Papanack Zoo, provides a caring environment to animals and educational experience for the public.
- Koaino Soaps produces all natural handmade soaps. Made in small batches the old-fashioned way in Clarence Creek, Ontario.
- Barbarie & Fils Maple syrup; at only 1km from the park, you can’t get more local that this!
- First Impression owner Stéphanie Brisson of L’Orignal has your wedding and party stationery covered. Sharing the booth is husband Martin Brisson who takes care of the nuts and bolts. Literally.
And don’t forget the food! Catstone farms will have a bread and buns by the bakers dozen. We will be serving sausages from Trillium Meadows Red Deer and Wild Boar Farm, Mariposa Farms and L’Orginal Packing as well beans and coleslaw graciously donated by La Binerie de Plantagenet.
And a big thanks for the big top supplied by Ford of Buckingham to house the history display.
We hope to see you in Jessup’s Falls for our 2nd annual festival and first festival in the park!