Saturday October 19, at 7pm, at the Lucien-Delorme Community Center, 5000 rue du Centre, Wendover, ON, Canada
Be prepared for an evening of great food, drink and company.
Our live and silent auctions will be exciting this year with great donations from local businesses and the community at large.
We have some great local chefs participants in this year’s cake auction and professional auctioneer Guy Bissonnette to keep the energy high! We can’t thank them enough for their generous participation in EscarpAction’s fundraiser.
- Chef Bruce Wood of Bruce Wood Culinary Consulting of Casselman and Foodworks Ottawa, a social enterprise founded by Operation Come Home, engaging at-risk youth in Ottawa in the development of culinary skills, is a loyal supporter of EscarpAction and is generously donating another fabulous cake to everyone’s delight!
- Baker extraordinaire Imogen Zanetti of Catstone Farms, a founding member of EscarpAction well-known to anyone who’s attended our events, will be baking some of her favourite, all-natural, European-style cakes.
- Place 19-67 in the heart Plantagenet needs no introduction for locals, snowmobilers or ATV aficionados. Some lucky bidder will get their famous raspberry pie, a favourite around here.
- C&L Corner Market of Rockland are backing their caterer, La Cuisine Gimy, in this contest with two takes on Zucchini cake: one with chocolate and the second with pineapple. What perfect pairings!
- Les Desserts de Josée, of Plantagenet has gotten into the spirit of the season with a delicious pumpkin cake. There is not such thing as too much pumpkin!
- Baked on the Hill’s entirely plant-based treats are a hit at the farmer’s markets in both Ottawa and Vankleek Hill. Come and bid on their rich fauxmage cake and enjoy the land’s goodness!
- Cumberland’s Black Walnut Bakery is a popular stop for breads, cakes and lunch. We’re thrilled to have their amazing Salted Chocolate Cheesecake for your pleasure. The bidding always get heated for this one!
- The youngest addition to our fall event is Chelsey Mohns, who is just finishing up her pastry chef training and plans to open her own bakery! She is coming out swinging with a fabulously moist chocolate cake with 3 layers of chocolate liqueur ganache and topped with a fresh ganache glaze and sugar flowers.
Big Ticket Items
To round off the live auction, we have some great items for those who don’t have a sweet tooth!
- Local sawmill Ferme DelJu will be offering one of their rustic benches, great for any garden and a tic-tac-toe table fun for the whole family!
- An antique window from a century home in old Ottawa South has made its way into our hands and into yours if you’re lucky! This beautiful classic style stained glass window would look great in any home or cottage.
- Last but not least, we’ll be auctioning a great opportunity to zoom around on the river in a MiniJet built in Clarence Creek by boat builder Jamie Greenfield. The winner gets a full day rental for those with their boating license or a two hour personal tour of our local waterways in one of his fun zippy crafts.
The fun continues all evening with our silent, anonymous auction. Be prepared to battle with your friends on some wonderful pieces donated by local businesses and EscarpAction committee members.
Garden Path of Vankleek Hill have created an outdoor survival travel pack of all-natural salves, balms, and, very importantly, repellant!
- La Maison Bleue of Alfred has donated a beautiful handwoven basket and large jar of honey from their beehives.
- Royal Photo in Rockland will help keep boredom at bay with a pair of bluetooth sport earbuds.
- Xav Wood Creations, our youngest entrepreneur at just 1
3, has donated one of his most beautiful cutting boards!
- Physio Plantagenet has donated a free massage to help alleviate a stressful workweek at the desk or in the fields.
- Artist Francine Jolicoeur-Séguin of Wendover has donated two lovely river views and the means to try your hand at your own creation with a starter kit of art supplies.
- Other donations include items you can pick up for the tiny ones in your family: Olde Yeller book and toy set, Mickey Mouse set and art supplies.
Our EscarpAction team has also been on the prowl! Digging up some interesting items from here and far away!
- Antique book from the College at Oka where many agronomists got their start and classic Time magazines
- 9 West and faux Gucci handbags
- Hand woven placemats, tulip lamp and ‘chicken’ crockery to grace your home
- An office golf putter to keep you in the swing of things over the winter
- And in keeping with the event, several wine-themed offerings
- And much much more. Get there early to start the bidding!
You must attend to bid on these fabulous items. Doors open at 7PM!
Tickets also available at
- Lalonde Lumber, 675 Eglise St, Plantagenet, ON K0B 1L0
- C&L Fruits et Vegetables, 306 Edwards St, Rockland, ON K4K 1H6
- Mack’s Diner, 7204 County Rd 17, Wendover, ON K0A 3K0
- Wendover Service Station, 3206 rue Principale Wendover On K0A 3K0