Saturday October 19, at 7pm, at the Lucien-Delorme Community Center, 5000 rue du Centre, Wendover, ON, Canada
Be prepared for an evening of great food, drink and company.
On October 19th, the EscarpAction Jessup’s Falls committee will be hosting our 3rd Wine, Cheese and Beer! Funds raised will go to support our mission to protect the Jessup’s Falls escarpment and its groundwater by promoting local, sustainable businesses.
Our outreach activities this year included our first environmental awareness competition for Grades 7 & 8 where the two first prize winners were each awarded a Chromebook tablet. And for the 3rd year running, we invited local businesses to showcase their products and services for free at the Jessup’s Falls Festival in July. With our fantastic community support, we hope to do more in 2020!
Activities include a silent auction, a 50/50 draw, and a live auction of cakes and other specialty items with professional auctioneer Guy Bissonnette . And let’s not forget the tasty cheeses, wine and beers, as locally sourced as possible with wonderful breads and crackers made fresh by Catstone Farm of Plantagenet. We will be widening the beer selection this year to include Beau’s beer, and a selection of other microbreweries plus we’ll have some Bud Light, soda, Bubly, etc. on hand to round out the selection.
Finish off the evening by bidding on our magnificent cakes and pies. But don’t worry if you lose out on the bidding, there will be plenty of dessert generously donated by Place 19-67 and La Binerie, both of Plantagenet, and by Le Chardo of Alfred. Then stick around for a bit of dancing at the end of the evening!
The $40 ticket includes admission, food, a complementary glass of wine or beer and the chance to win one of 4 gift bags.
Food and drink for the evening will include:
- Fruit wines from Les Vergers Villeneuve of St-Pascal-Baylon and wines from Domaine Perreault of Navan
- A selection of local beers include Beau’s beer and other microbrews. Judith from Beau’s Brewery will be joining us for the evening to help you discover how well beer goes with cheese!
- Cheeses, as locally sourced as possible, chosen especially for this evening by Ferme Mariposa farms
- Sheep’s milk cheese from La Bergerie des sables
- St-Albert ‘s famous curds
- Wonderful breads and crackers made fresh by Catstone Farm
- Place 19-67 and La Binerie Plantagenet will be contributing to our desserts table
- The cheese tables will be rounded out with crudités from Bissonnette’s Valu-Mart and charcuterie from L’Orignal Packing.
- Plus lactose-free and nut cheeses with gluten free crackers.
Purchase your tickets online by clicking on the link below:
- Purchase event tickets online
- or at the following locations:
- Lalonde Lumber, 675 Eglise St, Plantagenet, ON K0B 1L0
- C&L Fruits et Vegetables, 306 Edwards St, Rockland, ON K4K 1H6
If you have a large group, you can also reserve a table. First reserved gets the best spots! Tables seat 8.
For more information, to volunteer or to become a sponsor contact EscarpAction at firstname.lastname@example.org or Louise at 613-673-4652. All support is welcome!